An exciting opportunity has arisen within a forward thinking and market leading business to support their ongoing growth. Can you make a difference and add value?
Working as part of the HR and payroll team you will provide proactive, appropriate HR support at allocated facilities and other sites where required. You will work with the Group HR Manager to ensure that HR provision is customer centric and is focused on supporting and driving the successful delivery of business goals and strategy. This role requires the delivery of both operational and project HR activity.
Duties and responsibilities:
Employee Relations -
- To undertake disciplinary and grievance procedures in line with employment law guidelines and company policy.
- To undertake and manage redundancies and restructures.
- Provide coaching and development to support line managers with employee relations, performance and absence management issues
- Responsible for the Employee involvement forums in line with any constitution developed.
- Deliver site specific employee engagement levels.
- To manage recruitment, utilising administrative support.
- Undertake interviewing with line managers
- Work with line managers and HR colleagues to ensure structured and documented interviews tailored to the role. Where possible ensure that recruitment processes test the knowledge base of the individual.
- Liaise with line managers and relevant administrators to ensure the preparation and delivery of induction schedules for all new starters.
- To work with Line Managers to review training requirements. Utilise administrative support to maintain delegate lists, send out joining instructions, liaise with training providers/ venue etc..
- Develop and deliver local training as required on HR topics such as employee relations, training, benefits and rewards, change and forecasting etc.
- To support the roll out of new training initiatives.
Health and Safety -
- Ensure attention to safety within the HR team and associated activities at all times. Support the creation and maintenance of a safety culture.
- With the HR Manager develop HR plans for each facility.
- Drive and support performance management across the sites.
- Provide coaching to line managers for support and to develop their skills and capabilities.
- Provide support to line managers to ensure that they are able to deliver their business objectives through their people.
- Provide general advice to employees.
- Produce monthly reports by site and other reports as required
- To support training through needs analysis, identification of suitable providers
- Liaison with external support
- Attend HR and other meetings when required
- Ensure the implementation of group wide/ strategic initiatives when appropriate
- Reinforce safety expectations and identify where individual employees require safety improvement plans.
- Please note there will be extensive travel within this role - 4 days of the week will be spent travelling to the South of the country with 1 day based in the Northampton office
Skills and experience required:
- CIPD qualified/ part qualified is required
- A proven strong track record in working as an HR generalist within logistics or manufacturing background
- Experience of working within a regional role
- Proactive with positive 'can do' attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience of change management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships across the business
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage deadlines and perform under pressure
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Full clean driving licence is essential
- 40 hours per week - 30am - 5.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- Company car
- Excellent company benefits