Are you a talented and ambitious Human Resources professional with the drive and vision to deliver outstanding HR leadership on an international scale? We're looking for an exceptional Group HR Manager on behalf of a fast-growing automotive technology company based in Milton Keynes, well-reputed as skilful innovators within their industry.
As part of this extremely varied and interesting role, the successful candidate will coordinate and manage all of the global HR and Training needs of the organisation and will work with the Senior Management Team to develop and implement the HR strategy for the company.
Applicants should demonstrate a flair for creating and delivering progressive and effective human resources strategies that foster motivating, supportive and productive working environments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning, developing and implementing HR strategies, procedures and policies for recruitment, discipline, grievances, pay, conditions, contracts, training, succession, motivation, culture, appraisals and quality management
- Liaising with international management teams to understand any differing requirements for HR provision, providing a carefully tailored approach to the local needs of each site.
- Ensuring HR objectives, purposes and achievements are communicated, as well as identifying opportunities to improve culture and communication throughout the business.
- Skilfully managing changes within the company
- Reviewing and refreshing the internal appraisal system
- Managing employee engagement matters globally
- Producing and presenting reports relating to employment information and trends
- Implementing initiatives to develop, motivate and retain a skilled workforce, to secure the future success of the business
- Delivering leadership and management of the international HR teams
- Identifying L & D requirements within the business, and assisting in the creation of training plans and programmes
- Ensuring that the company is legally compliant in all HR matters
- Regular international travel to meet and collaborate with colleagues throughout the business.
Skills and experience required:
- CIPD qualified to Level 5 or above, but an ability to demonstrate the equivalent calibre of knowledge and acumen through an expansive HR career to date will also be considered.
- Extensive proven experience of global exposure in a senior HR management role within an engineering, production, automotive or technology-focused business.
- Track record in making a difference to the development of people on an international level.
- Passionate about the pursuit of improvement within the business, with examples of having changed and developed an organisation into becoming an employer of choice.
- Evidence of delivering supportive coaching and effective people management
- A strong and up-to-date working knowledge of employment law and forthcoming developments
- Demonstrable record of working at a strategic level within HR
- Previous involvement in the design and delivery of training
- Able to analyse and present data in a meaningful and engaging manner
- IT Proficient and a confident user of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of using an HR software system would be advantageous.
- Effective, approachable and positive communicator, with the ability to deal tactfully with difficult situations.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 40 hrs per week.
- Core hours 10.00am - 4.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £55,000 - £60,000
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private healthcare & healthcare cash plan
- Enhanced pension contributions