We're proud to be recruiting on behalf of a well-reputed SME business who are currently seeking a Head of Finance to join their growing organisation.
This is a new role which will involve working closely with the Commerical Manager and external Accountant in the provision of sound financial and management information, along with the development of forecasts, budgets and cashflows to allow the company to strategically grow.
The company is looking for applicants with excellent attention to detail, who enjoy working with and analysing financial information. It's essential that you have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, with a strong knowledge of pivot tables and VLookups.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with both finance and non-finance departments to review results of analysis and develop rolling forecasts for the year including cashflows and budgets
- Partner with the external Accountant to ensure the production of sound financial and management accounting information
- Ongoing development of financial reporting and analysis tools along with helping to develop, support and improve business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Weekly production of payroll and commission reports
- Involvement with the management of company HR
- Debtor management
Skills and experience required:
- QBE or AAT qualified and willing to continue accountancy studies
- 2+ years' experience in an accounting / financial analysis role preferably within a logistics environment
- Exposure to cashflow forecasting, budgets
- Proficient user of MS Excel (familiarity with VLOOKUPs, pivot tables and Macros)
- Experience of Sage 50 (desirable)
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Extremely organised and self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills and able to work in a small team
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm OR 9.00am - 5.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £30,000 dependent upon experience
- Study support for the right candidate after the probationary period (AAT / CIMA)
- 20 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Statutory pension
- On-site parking
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.