JOB LOCATION: Hotline & Support Engineer - Control Systems
SALARY: c£45k + Car, Bupa, 25 Days + Stats, Fringe benefits
SHIFTS: Rotated Shift Pattern
An experienced Hotline & Support Engineer is now urgently required to join our client, an International leader known for their innovative design & implementation of cutting edge PLC controlled automation systems. The successful Hotline & Support Engineer will be joining their existing multi-discipled team to deliver and be responsible for providing remote quality technical services to clients at various installation sites across UK and Europe.
Principal Accountabilities of Hotline & Support Engineer:
- Provide 24hr / 7-day cover on a rotated shift pattern - this will involve both remote & site based technical support
- To provide professional on-line software support for PLC & various inhouse control systems
- Responsible for managing the hotline ticket system for IT, Facilities and Controls
- Maintain support desk documentation & create/manage monthly reports
- To monitor trends and action plans to prevent issue escalation.
- To escalate problems to the next support level where required and continue to manage the problem until resolved.
- To undertake testing of control system modules in support of the Controls team when required
- To facilitate the remote monitoring of key accounts control systems
- To attend sites during support office hours as required to support project works and training.
- Facilitate the monitoring of hardware for upgrades such as firmware and highlight any obsolescence to the upgrades team.
- When required provide additional support to the Internal IT Support Analyst
- A formal qualification in an electrical engineering discipline (NVQ Level 3, HNC or equivalent)
- Good understanding of PLC Control System architecture and field control devices (Allen Bradley and/or Siemens S7) - Working knowledge of PLC, IT, Drives, & Networks
- Ability to work on mid-size electrical systems for fault rectification and machine upgrade projects.
- Experience dealing directly with customers / end users
- Excellent communication skills, organisation and planning skills
- Sound analytical skills, able to look at data and solve problems with full customer focus and determination to deliver results under time critical situations
- Valid UK Passport - Flexible to undertake travel when required to UK/EU clients
Real career prospects exist in this expanding sector of the engineering services market, joining a dynamic company who offer modern facilities and individual investment. Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Birmingham, Bicester, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Buckingham, Kettering, Bedford, Northampton, Daventry, Rugby and Nottingham.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.