A prestigious local organisation is looking for a HR Assistant to join their friendly team on a temporary basis.
This is an excellent step towards a career in Human Resources. No prior HR employment experience is required, but it is essential that you have worked previously in an administrative or clerical setting, and that you have a keen interest in gaining experience specifically within a Human Resources role.
Due to the requirements of the business, applicants to this role must be available immediately or within a week's notice. Please note that this is an ongoing temporary assignment, although there may be the potential for the role to develop into a long-term or permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with the administration duties associated with the entire employee cycle, including recruitment, induction, new joiners, performance management, training and development and leavers.
- Carrying out the administration of all safeguarding compliance checks, by supporting the team in ensuring the Single Central Register and all other checks are fully compliant at all times.
- Supporting the team in respect of all stages of the recruitment process, from advertising through to contracts.
- Contributing to the induction process when required, ensuring all new staff are effectively inducted.
- Completing all necessary paperwork and processes to ensure new staff are quickly and efficiently integrated.
- Keeping records of appraisals undertaken and producing reports for the team as required.
- Coordinating training courses and ensuring relevant employees are invited to attend. Following up non-attendees.
- Ensuring Leaver processes are completed fully.
Skills and experience required:
- Prior experience in an administrative role.
- A specific interest in working within Human Resources and therefore interested in working towards relevant qualifications.
- High degree of IT literacy, with good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Takes a diligent approach, demonstrating consistent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Approachable demeanour, with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in a busy and demanding environment, whilst working efficiently at pace.
- Analytical, reasoned and logical approach to work situations.
- An understanding of the importance of working with diplomacy and sensitivity to others; with absolute discretion where required.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £8.21 per hour
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.