We're currently recruiting for a talented HR Manager on behalf of a successful manufacturer known as experts within their field based in Market Harborough.
As part of this new, extremely varied and interesting role, the successful applicant will coordinate and manage all of the HR and training needs of the organisation
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with other departmental managers to understand any requirements for HR development and to ensure HR objectives, purposes and achievements are communicated, as well as identifying opportunities to improve culture and communication across departments.
- Coordinating and managing the recruitment and selection process.
- Writing, reviewing and harmonising employment contracts.
- Developing an induction programmes for new employees, scheduling probationary reviews and supporting Managers with any concerns arising within a probationary period.
- Implementing and administering a comprehensive benefits and rewards scheme.
- Designing and introducing a structured appraisal system.
- Organising and standardising a range of administrative HR processes in order to collate records, personnel files and documentation, as well as measuring and reporting on a range of HR issues.
- Providing support with all matters relating to employee relations, such as review meetings, grievances, disciplinaries, staff surveys, and exit interviews.
- Engaging effectively with employees and ensuring that information relating to all HR and payroll matters is delivered clearly, and that all HR queries are provided with timely and helpful responses.
- Producing and presenting reports relating to employment information and trends, making recommendations to the management team where required.
- Requiring travel to other company sites in England and Wales.
Skills and experience required:
- CIPD qualified to Level 5 or above or qualified by experience.
- Extensive proven experience of working in a busy generalist HR role, preferably within an industrial, manufacturing or construction-related environment.
- Prior involvement in (and an understanding of) TUPE processes.
- Evidence of having recruited for a wide range of employees, managing the process from job design to interviewing.
- A strong and up-to-date working knowledge of employment law and forthcoming developments.
- Effective and approachable communicator, with the ability to deal tactfully with difficult situations.
Hours of work:
- 9.00am - 5.00pm (1 hour lunch break)
- 3-4 days per week
Salary and benefits:
- £28,000 - £35,000 FTE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (FTE)
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.