Are you an accomplished account professional who is keen to take on an interesting and diverse new role?
On behalf of an exciting brand, we're currently looking for a versatile Internal Accountant who enjoys the variety of combining their financial skill set with project coordination and office management responsibilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious company who are achieving year-on-year growth. As a leading retailer, sales agent and wholesaler, they proudly represent a high-quality international footwear brand name, known for combining on-trend contemporary design with outstanding quality and comfort.
The successful candidate will complete accounts up-to-trial balance and get involved in day to day office duties as expected within a small team. This role will also involve assisting with the future project to move all the company finances in-house. By applying your accounts knowledge, you'll help the team transfer an outsourced finance function into a slick and well-organised new internal process.
It is essential that applicants share the entrepreneurial team spirit of the business. You should demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude, and be eager to work collaboratively, helping with a range tasks which may need attention when colleagues require support.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of all transactional accounting
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly management accounts with the outsourced Accountants
- Bank reconciliations
- Multi-currency accounting
- Balance sheet and trial balance reconciliation
- Credit control
- Setting up Supplier Accounts on system & maintaining as required
- Undertaking financial administration
- Assessment of monthly expenses, ensuring that they are accurately processed
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process
- Continuous improvement of finance processes and procedures to a lean philosophy
- Attendance at trade shows (optional)
- 'Hands on' approach to assisting in other areas of a small business; answering the phone, processing of stock, dealing with customer / supplier queries and enquiries
Skills and experience required:
- QBE or studying professional accountancy qualification
- Strong accounting technical knowledge
- Previous experience of accounting package (Xero desirable) and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Enjoys taking ownership of tasks and working with a self-motivated and enterprising approach
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial acumen and a good eye for detail
- Ability to multitask with solid organisational skills
- Experience in retail, wholesale or e-Commerce would be advantageous
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (1-hour lunch) - 35 hour working week
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000 - £32,0000
- Free parking
- Statutory Pension
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays