Our client, a sporting body based in Leicestershire are recruiting for a Thai speaking International Media Executive to join their expanding team, to establish and develop relationships with new and existing media partners to grow the company's global profile.
You will be fluent (spoken and written) in both English and Thai, have experience in media and writing copy to publication standard.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To establish and maintain strong, professional relationships between the organisation and relevant international media contacts, with particular focus on Thailand and other key target territories
- To effectively and efficiently work with the organisation's media and marketing teams, to target established sectors of the Thai media and to ensure delivery of media specific requirements
- To develop a regular stream of content for a Thai audience that will populate Thai-specific platforms managed by the organisation's media and marketing teams - both adapting existing content for a Thai audience and exploring specific, targeted content that will be used exclusively in Thailand
- To explore opportunities for the organisation to penetrate other target territories through establishing media contacts, recommending new and emerging content channels and developing a more acute understanding of international audiences
- To effectively manage the International PR Executive and make best use of their skills
- To aid the development of the organisation's relationship with sponsors through facilitating regular e-meetings and international visits that might improve the media team's working processes
- To develop potential PR opportunities and campaigns in Thailand and in other target territories so that a tailored content plan can be developed for major events and announcements.
Skills and experience required:
- Fluent spoken and written, in both English and Thai, with Thai written copy up to professional publication standards
- At least three years of experience as a media professional and an excellent understanding of both the UK and Thai media landscapes
- An appreciation for Thai culture and an acute understanding of the country's values
- Excellent organisational skills and the agility to adapt to changing circumstances at short notice
- Outstanding, creative and accurate Thai copywriting skills, particularly skilled in translation from English, and proof-reading experience
- A creative, open-minded approach to work
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Competence in IT, including the use of standard Microsoft Office programmes.
- An awareness and experience of social networking, including platforms used in the UK, Thailand, China and other territories around the world
Salary and benefits:
- £27,000 + benefits