We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join our client who are a market leading manufacturer of precision engineered fastening system for the aerospace industry. This is potentially a temporary to permanent position.
You will be responsible for contributing to team performance and business objectives whilst remaining compliant and adhering to health and safety standards. You will also ensure that the testing is carried out following the company processes and making sure the data is accurately recorded. There will be involvement with all other departments of the company to ensure that full customer satisfaction is delivered.
This position is for a 3 month temporary interim contract with the potential to be extended.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical testing
- Metallurgical examination
- Data input
- Maintaining all records
- Other laboratory duties as required
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Knowledge of Metallurgical and Mechanical testing disciplines is an advantage
- Knowledge of Metallurgical examination of forged products
- Knowledge of the Aerospace industry
- Computer literate
- Ability to accept or reject work in areas of responsibility
- Ability to maintain paper and electronic records
- Ability to communicate decisions and problems
- Ability to work unsupervised in areas of proficiency
- Day shift hours 6.00am to 2.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £10.54 per hour