A leading local practice require the skills and expertise of an experienced Legal Secretary to join them and provide ad-hoc temporary cover for annual leave as and when required throughout the year on the Wills and Probate and / or Residential Conveyancing.
This assignment would be well suited to an applicant who is looking for intermittent part-time or full time work, generally with full weeks and part time hours when demand requires. We are usually able to give notice of the cover, allowing candidates to plan their calendars and commitments ahead.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing first-class secretarial support to a variety of busy legal teams
- Audio-typing and transcription of legal documents and correspondence
- Assisting with reception cover when required; welcoming visitors and answering all incoming telephone calls to the office
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive previous experience is essential - either as a legal secretary, or in a secretarial role which has involved the production of professional correspondence and audio-typing
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing
- Understanding of the importance of working with discretion and confidentiality
- Positive and proactive working approach
- Good attention to detail
- Variable depending on cover required, but generally 9.00am - 5.30pm with 1 hour lunch break
Salary and benefits:
- £8.50 per hour
- Convenient town centre location