Machine Tool Service Manager is urgently required to join our client, a leading provider of premium CNC machine tools who offer an extensive range of engineering manufacturing services to the Automotive and Aerospace sectors.
As the appointed Service Manager, you will be responsible for attending customer sites, breakdown service, repair and fault find on a wide range of CNC controlled machine tools which include multi axis machining centres and lathes.
- Provide telephone technical support on mechanical, electronic and software related machine faults for both customers and engineers.
- Identifying parts and specialist equipment requirements prior to engineer visits and scheduling of field service engineers.
- Providing quotations ranging from simple service work to full machine rebuilds.
- Communicating closely with all departments to ensure prompt supply of resources to meet customer requirements.
- Supporting and managing the requirements of the engineers on a daily basis.
- Provide detailed reports to management on service related issues in their designated areas.
- Analysing and processing field service reports.
- Providing technical support including parts identification and labour resource estimates for the parts department.
The Successful Applicant will should have the following
- Possess a strong electrical knowledge and previous experience of CNC & PLC control systems including Fanuc, Heidenhain or Siemens controls.
- A track record of working within a machine tool industry sector.
- Extensive CNC Machine tool equipment knowledge i.e. Lathes, grinding machines, horizontal and vertical machining centres and Turning machines.
- Possess strong customer liaison skills & Capable of working well with a team
- Previous experience of a service manager's role is not essential, but at least 3 years' experience as a CNC metal cutting service engineer is key to this role. Experience of machine tool service management and a comprehensive understanding of CNC systems and metal cutting processes would be valuable.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus paid overtime
- Company vehicle or car allowance
Ideal residing and commutable locations would include within and around the following areas: Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Kenilworth, Coventry, Worcester, Telford, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Leamington Spa, Nuneaton, Rugby, Northampton, Stafford and Warwick.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits.