Machine Tool Service Manager is now sought to join our client, a leading provider of premium CNC machine tools who offer an extensive range of engineering manufacturing services to the Automotive and Aerospace sectors.
As Service Manager, you will need to be commercially aware, analytically capable, possess effective people management skills, perform personal appraisals of your team, able to deal with delicate situations with tact and diplomacy, possess coaching skills, customer facing presentation skills, able to work on own initiative within set guidelines and as part of a team, self-directed, have high energy with strong initiative.
- Provide telephone technical support on mechanical, electronic and software related machine faults for both customers and engineers.
- Identifying parts and specialist equipment requirements prior to engineer visits and scheduling of field service engineers.
- Providing quotations ranging from simple service work to full machine rebuilds.
- Communicating closely with all departments to ensure prompt supply of resources to meet customer requirements.
- Supporting and managing the requirements of the engineers daily.
- Provide detailed reports to management on service related issues in their designated areas.
- Analysing and processing field service reports.
- Providing technical support including parts identification and labour resource estimates for the parts department.
The Successful Applicant will should have the following:
- Possess a strong electrical knowledge and previous experience of CNC & PLC control systems including Fanuc, Heidenhain or Siemens controls.
- A track record of working within a machine tool industry sector.
- Extensive CNC Machine tool equipment knowledge i.e. Lathes, grinding machines, horizontal and vertical machining centres and Turning machines.
- Possess strong customer liaison skills & Capable of working well with a team
- Previous experience of a service manager's role is not essential, but at least 3 years' experience as a CNC metal cutting service engineer is key to this role. Experience of machine tool service management and a comprehensive understanding of CNC systems and metal cutting processes would be valuable.
- West Midlands
- Competitive salary with paid overtime
- Company vehicle or car allowance
Ideal residing and commutable locations would include within and around the following areas: Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Kenilworth, Coventry, Worcester, Telford, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Leamington Spa, Nuneaton, Rugby, Northampton, Stafford and Warwick.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.