A unique opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Planner / Coordinator to join our client, an iconic UK manufacturing brand synonymous with providing the nation with quality consumer packaged goods for over 80 years. As a member of the Engineering team you will be directly contributing to this vision of excellence through your core tasks and responsibilities.
The appointed Maintenance Planner's core focus will be improving work force productivity and work quality by eliminating in advance potential delays and obstacles through appropriate planning and coordination of parts, machine time and manpower.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Planner/ Coordinator:
- Daily review work requests, approving or declining as required
- Assigning work orders to Lead Engineers based on team assigned zones
- Generate planned tasks and assign to Lead Engineers based on zones and skill sets
- Ensure maintenance personnel raise follow-on work orders and request parts as required - correct coding when completed
- Liaise with Production Planner to discuss production vs maintenance issues
- Plan work for the fortnightly shutdowns ensuring skills, spare parts and access are available
- Plan work for intermittent line specific shutdowns and change overs
- Liaise with internal and external contract companies to plan specific maintenance tasks
- Review risk assessments and method statements are in line with company values
- During shutdowns, control contractors booked in to site, raise permit to work and work permits as required
- Liaise with other departments to ensure maintenance of specialist equipment is completed
- Attend daily operations review meetings
- Manage the shutdown planning and review meetings
- Raise orders for parts and services and GRN these when complete
- Achieve KPI's as set by the Company
- Experience in planning and scheduling contractor, preventative, predictive, and routine maintenance work
- Previous industrial maintenance experience in a similar position in a food manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of industrial equipment, parts, and tools.
- Experience using asset management systems
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, equipment manuals, and CAD drawings (Electrical & Mechanical)
- Detail orientated, ability to balance multiple priorities, and have a sense of urgency for problem solving and continuous improvement.
Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Leicester, Peterborough and surrounding areas.
Similar Job titles: Maintenance Planner, Engineering Supervisor, Maintenance Coordinator, Engineering coordinator, Maintenance Coordinator
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.