We have an exciting position for a management accountant to work for a manufacturing business based in Market Harborough.
We are seeking a dynamic and commercially aware candidate who can work with the Managing Director in the production of sound financial information. This role will also include cost analysis to ensure that the organisation is maximising its profitability. To be successful in this role you should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins.
An aspiration to progress within the organisation will be actively encouraged and supported. This will include early progression to Company Secretary for which full training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production of period management accounts and other financial analysis to support the business
- Cashflow management and annual budgeting.
- Management of a small team running Sales and Purchase ledgers, cashbook, payroll and credit control
- VAT and PAYE, preparing data for Corporation Tax and R&D tax credit scheme.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Analyse actual labour, raw material, and overhead cost against Standard/Budget reporting on variances
- Aid in the development of new labour and overhead rates, budget, and forecasts
- Manage company relationships for insurance, banking, auditors and other professional advisors.
Skills and experience required:
- Must be CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Process manufacturing or assembly industry experience is preferred
- Commercial acumen and excellent analytical skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong MS Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's)
- Experience with an ERP system and Sage 50
- Extremely well organised and self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills, comfortable with taking the finance lead.
Hours of work:
- Mon-Thurs 8am - 5.15pm / (Fri 8am - 1pm)
Salary and benefits:
- £40,000 - £50,000
- On-site car parking
- 25 days Holiday + 8 BH
- Company bonus scheme - profit based
- Life assurance x 5
- Pension 5%