We're currently supporting a busy local organisation with the recruitment of a talented Communications & Media Officer.
In this varied and extremely interesting role, you will enjoy producing informative and clear internal and external written communications across a range of media. You will also be providing key consultative and strategical advice on matters relating to risk identification and crisis management.
This is a short-term temporary assignment, with an anticipated duration of approximately 5-6 weeks. Due to business requirements, applicants must be available immediately.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively handling (and promptly responding to) incoming media enquiries
- Proactively ensuring the maximum coverage of the organisation's activities via social media, local publications and other platforms
- Working with all areas of the business to source and write articles for internal and external attention, as well as strategically planning future content.
- Carefully monitoring media coverage and campaigns, ensuring that targets are met and using analytics to improve future performance.
- Protecting and promoting the reputation of the organisation on a local, regional and national level
- Producing external and internal newsletters for circulation to staff and partners
- Developing the organisation's online communications via the website and social media, responding promptly and effectively to public comments and direct messages via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Identifying opportunities to manage risk and enhance the reputation of the organisation and provide consultative advice to the senior management team accordingly.
- Making a key contribution to emergency planning, business continuity and crisis management for the organisation
Skills and experience required:
- Strong career background in a role related to media, communications or PR
- Extensive experience of producing engaging and informative written content for press releases, social media, newsletters and / or other online and offline publications.
- Able to identify, analyse and manage risk, having had prior involvement in protecting and enhancing business reputation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to personably and confidently liaise with colleagues across a variety of business areas to draw together and plan future content
- Understanding of working with sensitivity and confidentiality where required.
- Self-motivated and innovative, with a forward-thinking and proactive approach.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £13.51 per hour