We're currently supporting a busy local organisation with the recruitment of a talented Communications & Media Officer.
In this varied and extremely interesting role, you will enjoy producing informative and clear internal and external written communications across a range of media. You will also provide key consultative and strategical advice on matters relating to risk identification and crisis management.
This is an ongoing temporary assignment, with an anticipated initial duration of approximately three months. Due to business requirements, applicants must be available immediately or within a week's notice.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively handling (and promptly responding to) incoming media enquiries
- Proactively ensuring the maximum coverage of the organisation's activities via social media, local publications and other platforms
- Working with all areas of the business to source and write articles for internal and external attention, as well as strategically planning future content.
- Carefully monitoring media coverage and campaigns, ensuring that targets are met and using analytics to improve future performance.
- Protecting and promoting the reputation of the organisation on a local, regional and national level
- Producing external and internal newsletters for circulation to staff and partners
- Developing the organisation's online communications via the website and social media, responding promptly and effectively to public comments and direct messages via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Identifying opportunities to manage risk and enhance the reputation of the organisation, and provide consultative advice to the senior management team accordingly.
- Making a key contribution to emergency planning, business continuity and crisis management for the organisation
Skills and experience required:
- Strong career background in a role related to media, communications or PR
- Extensive experience of producing engaging and informative written content for press releases, social media, newsletters and / or other online and offline publications.
- Able to identify, analyse and manage risk, having had prior involvement in protecting and enhancing business reputation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to personably and confidently liaise with colleagues across a variety of business areas to draw together and plan future content
- Understanding of working with sensitivity and confidentiality where required.
- Self-motivated and innovative, with a forward-thinking and proactive approach.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm each day
Salary and benefits:
- £13.50 per hour