MULTI-SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Shifts: Rotating Shifts Pattern
Technical: Plant Machinery (Automated) - Fault Diagnosis & breakdowns
Sector: Food Production/ FMCG
Vanilla Recruitment is currently recruiting for a multi-skilled maintenance engineer to work within a very well-established food production company.
Working as part of a team you will work within the factory offering engineering support for any expected breakdowns but also working towards a planned maintenance schedule to ensure all machinery is regular serviced and maintained.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the engineering function and to develop your engineering skill set within a modern automated food production site.
The successful candidate will be an all-round engineering professional with experience within a similar environment and with the ambition to forge a career within a market leading company.
- Fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of plant, packing machines and site services
- Planned maintenance (PM), modifications, installations and upgrades to plant machinery and site services.
- To undertake statutory checks as directed by the management team.
- Support and coach relevant employees in all aspects of shared maintenance.
- To deal directly with suppliers on machine or plant issues.
- To improve site production processes and plant design to minimize downtime and improve safety and quality.
- Repair, refurbishment and modification to pipework and valves including ingredients, pneumatic, water, heating systems, water jackets, toilets and sinks.
- Installation and commissioning of electrical and mechanical machines and equipment, pneumatic, steam and hot and cold-water systems.
- Replacement and repairs to electrical, fluid metering equipment.
- You will need a relevant Electrical &/or mechanical qualification (Apprenticeship / ONC/ HNC / NVQ level 3) combined with hands on reactive & planned maintenance experience
- Previous experience within the maintenance department of an FMCG plant, ideally in a food/drink production environment
- 17th Edition City & Guilds (Desirable) not essential
- Effective communicator, decisive, pro-active and self-motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Demonstrable commitment to professional development across electrical and mechanical disciplines with a willingness to undertake multi-skilled training when required
This a fantastic opportunity that could provide the right candidate with real career prospects by joining a dynamic company who offer modern facilities and individual investment. Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Rugby, Nottingham and Loughborough.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.