Our client is a leading manufacturer specialising in reels for industrial, commercial and professional applications which are distributed worldwide. Due to the current expansion of work, our client is now looking to recruit an Office & Warehouse Administrator. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop with a leading company who will provide ongoing training and support in order for you to fully excel in this area of business.
The role will be working in both areas of the business, 74% office administration, customer service based tasks and 35% warehousing tasks such as loading and unloading of stock and along with basic assembling of different products. Again, all training and support will be given.
This role is a temporary to permanent position for the successful candidate. Due to the location of the company, a full UK driving licence would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the office team with general administration tasks such as filing and answering the telephone
- Offer technical support to clients as they call and email in with enquiries (this will be after training)
- Quote clients for pricing, stock and general information on products that they require
- Support the customer service team with order input and ordering goods from local suppliers
- Liaise with the American office regarding any orders of queries that may arise
- Arrange quotes for large frame reels using the inhouse system and advising clients on the best options
- Following up on quotations that have been provided to customers by the external sales team
- Be prepared to assist in the warehouse when required and cover for the warehouse persons in their absence. This will involve assembling reels, picking orders, unloading containers and packing away stock.
- Prepared to get involved with heavy lifting when required. This could be anything up to 50kg, anything heavier, machinery will be used.
Skills and experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be technically minded and the ability to learn new processes quickly
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft package, including Excel
- Strong customer service skills
- Good influencing skills
- Knowledge of using basic hand power tools and equipment
- Ability to speak a second language would be advantageous but not essential due to liaison with the European customer base
- Internal sales experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with a half an hour lunch break
Salary & Benefits
- Hourly rate of £9.62 per hour with a salary review after the first 12 months