A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part-time Postal & Premises Assistant to work for our client, a well-established and community-focused organisation based in Market Harborough.
The purpose of the role will be to despatch all outgoing mail, and ensure the premises are secured at the end of each working day. You will also be required to undertake minor repairs and office moves to support the Premises Team.
The successful applicant will be flexible, reliable, trustworthy and demonstrate a positive, helpful and proactive approach to work.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Franking all outgoing mail within the required defined timescales, as well as delivering it to the Post Office for dispatch
- Collecting and distributing internal mail
- Providing a delivery and collection service between head office buildings and local businesses in the town centre
- Closing and securing the premises at the end of each working day
- Distribute stationery orders and take delivery of orders in conjunction with the Office Supplies and Premises Assistant
- Assisting with Portable Appliance Testing and office moves, which will include lifting and carrying of a reasonable weight
- Completing maintenance and repair tasks reported to the Premises Helpdesk. These may include undertaking housekeeping duties relating to the cleanliness and presentation of the
- Acting as a keyholder and member of the alarm call out list
- Providing refreshments for meetings, and clearing rooms once meetings are concluded
- Undertaking Saturday morning duties on a rota basis, currently 1 in 4, working from 8.00am until 1.00pm
- To provide holiday cover for other roles within the Premises teams, including travelling to other premises where required. You will be required to provide cover for colleagues from 7.45am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday from time to time.
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Skills and experience required:
- Prior experience in a role involving premises or facilities-related duties
- Demonstrable skills in carrying out minor repair and maintenance tasks
- Experience of driving a small commercial / delivery van would be an advantage
- GCSE English and Mathematics Grade C, or equivalent qualification
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Available to occasionally work additional hours at short notice, along with being on the call-out list for urgent premises matters
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Possess a positive, helpful and friendly attitude
- Ability to work alone or within a team
- Monday to Friday 1.30pm - 6.30pm (25 hours per week)
- Saturdays worked on a rota basis (approx. 1 in 4) 8.00am - 1.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £9.00 - £9.15 per hour
- 23 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.