An exciting challenge has arisen with a fast-growing professional services organisation, for an experienced and dedicated personal tax professional to join their progressive, highly successful and dedicated team.
You will be required to work closely with colleagues to ensure a high-quality service is given to clients. A well-organised 'team player' will find this role very rewarding, and the company offers excellent opportunities for career progression.
The position will initially be based in Market Harborough but the company are currently in the process of opening a new office in south-east Leicester, and as such the successful candidate should be happy to commute to both locations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing the completion of a high volume of self-assessment returns for a broad range of customers
- Managing the Group's relationship with HMRC
- Overseeing work completed by other team members to ensure consistent compliance, in line with KPIs
- Being the technical consultant within the organisation for colleagues and the point of contact for HMRC
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and ensuring that internal processes are reflected
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience of completing high volume personal tax returns
- In-depth, up to date knowledge of personal tax processes and legislation
- Qualified or studying towards ATT (desirable)
- A high level of IT user competence, particularly in Microsoft Excel, with practical experience of using software systems in the preparation of tax returns
- Works effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive business culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Commitment to meeting challenging and demanding client deadlines with a flexible approach
- Ability to exercise judgement and work without close supervision
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- £30,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.