Following continued expansion, a new opportunity has been created within our client's compliance team. The role is involved with the calculation and compilation of HMRC Compliant Tax Rebate Claims. The ideal candidate is not required to have existing technical knowledge, but you will need to demonstrate that you have the potential to learn. The role is based locally in the centre of Market Harborough within a friendly, modern office within a fast-growing firm of Chartered Accountants.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the ability to work methodically, showing a high level of attention to detail. You will have an inquisitive mind, with the confidence to ask questions and seek further information coupled with a professional telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively.
This role is offered on a temporary to permanent basis for an ongoing period of 12 weeks. Once the 12-week duration is completed you will have the opportunity to be considered for a permanent role. Please note that due to the requirements of the business, applicants should be available for an immediate start.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analysing information and preparing tax calculations
- Inputting of information on the internal database systems to compile tax claim documentation
- Maintain accurate and efficient information on the in-house systems
- Dealing with inbound/outbound calls to clients to resolve issues
- Respond to various email communications from clients, dealing effectively with any queries raised
- Ensure that all tax rebate claims are prepared in full compliance with ICAEW and HMRC standards
- All other associated administrative duties relevant to the role
Skills and experience required:
- Confident and professional telephone manner with excellent communication skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communicator, both written and verbally
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Assertive and able to show initiative when dealing with clients
- Effective time management with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- An inquisitive mind with the confidence to ask questions and develop knowledge
- The ability to learn new processes and systems
- An ability to work well individually and as part of a friendly team
Salary and benefits:
- £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
- Core Hours are 9.00am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Standard 37.5 hours per week
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.