PLC Software Development Engineer with the ability to support a rapidly growing international team is now urgent sought to join our client, a market leader in innovative logistics automation solutions. As PLC Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for providing complete design solutions including electrical design, software design and commissioning of within cost, time and quality constraints.
To be successful in this role you will have hands on experience working within an automated warehouse, materials handling, Conveyor industry or similar covering electrical controls design and commissioning; have an HND / HNC and have previous experience of AutoCAD / EPlan (producing associated documentation, layout and schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools) with an advanced software design with knowledge of one or more mainstream PLC's i.e. Rockwell and Siemens
Key Responsibilities of the successful PLC Software Development Engineer:
- Develop software concepts and PLC code using Siemens and Allen Bradley.
- To develop, implement and support hardware / software solutions for projects.
- To provide a complete controls design solution including, electrical and software design and commissioning.
- To support the sales teams with the estimation and concept of solutions prior to quotation
- To deliver the estimation, design, installation and commissioning of projects to agreed targets and company standard, rules and requirements.
- Design and production of electrical layout and schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools.
- To produce documentation to support design including Functional Design, Testing specifications, commissioning plans and training.
- Have technical oversight for Onsight testing/commissioning activities, including regular auditing.
- Ability to design and develop PLC code ideally Siemens S7 and/or Allen Bradley (PAC) software.
- Detailed understanding of control systems hardware and design principles - functional safety principles & safety programming.
- Ability to design and develop HMI/SCADA systems, previous experience of working with motion control via servo drives.
- Knowledge of British and/or European standards that are relevant to the controls automation industry.
- Valid UK passport and flexibility and willingness to undertake local, European and International travel during project commissioning phase.
Salary and Benefits:
- Circa £60k plus allowances
- 25 days holiday + statutory
- Car allowance
- Life assurance
Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Birmingham, Bicester, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Buckingham, Kettering, Bedford, Northampton, Daventry, Rugby and Nottingham.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.