JOB TITLE: PLC Software Engineer
LOCATION: East Midlands
SALARY: c£45k + Excellent Company Benefits
Due to continuing success, our client a leader in innovative turnkey solutions for various industries, is now urgently seeking a PLC Software Engineer with solid PLC & HMI experience to join a professional engineering team working on a wide range of machinery based projects/equipment.
This role requires an understanding of the project lifecycle from concept through to completion incorporating Design Documentation, configuration of PLC/SCADA/HMI software, testing and commissioning.
Principal Accountabilities of PLC Software Engineer:
- Software design, set-up and debugging of PLC and PC controlled assembly and test equipment
- Commissioning machine equipment from power-up right through to completion
- Preparing machine documentation (e.g. user manuals) and providing technical support to customers, sales, service and production departments
- Experience of the leading PLC systems including Mitsubishi, Siemens, Allen Bradley and Omron. PC controlled systems using Labview or Delphi would be an advantage.
- Detailed understanding of control systems hardware and design principles - functional safety principles & safety programming
- Ability to design and develop HMI/SCADA systems, previous experience of working with motion control via servo drives
- Design/modify electrical schematics using AutoCAD and/or Eplan P8
- Valid UK passport and flexibility and willingness to undertake local, European and International travel during project commissioning phase
Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Birmingham, Tamworth, Wolverhampton, Ashby-de-le-Zouch, Derby, Burton Upon-Trent, Nottingham and Loughborough; In return, you can expect a salary c£45k + Company benefits.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.