Looking for the chance to further develop your career in PR? We're currently supporting the recruitment of an enterprising and conscientious PR Coordinator on behalf of a well-established and internationally recognised health and lifestyle brand.
Applicants must have significant prior experience in a PR environment, as well as demonstrating a flair for creatively increasing brand awareness both in print and online.
This is an exciting business to be part of; as well as offering an industry-leading range of products and services, the company have recently won a prestigious award for their dedication to empowering employees. They are also proudly ecologically minded and, through a number of innovative initiatives, have now achieved zero-landfill status.
Don't miss the opportunity to join this forward-thinking organisation and play a key part in creatively delivering positive, supportive and often life-changing content and communications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Sourcing, organising and managing day-to-day media opportunities to grow product coverage
- Building media relations - locally, regionally and nationally, in print and online
- Writing press releases and features
- Advising colleagues on their press releases and features as required
- Project managing an annual awards competition, ensuring a detailed plan is in place and it is executed in a timely manner
- Visiting and interviewing customers about their experiences; identifying topical and appropriate angles for the media
- Assisting the internal team in the delivery of the awards competition at the Annual Convention, and providing support to award nominees at the event
- Planning and managing customer photo-shoots; sourcing locations, engaging with customers, briefing photographers, stylists and make-up artists and working with internal teams to maximise the opportunity
- Supporting the development of the company blog by planning, writing and publishing content
- Edit and project manage the bi-annual consumer magazine
- Collating and analysing media coverage for internal reports
- Attending external events which require PR engagement as required, such as the awards winners' trip, press party and photo shoots
- Establishing and maintaining a database of stories
- Managing relevant agencies
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets for each of your projects
Skills and experience required:
- Equipped with at least three years in a consumer PR role; preferably client side
- Has experience of successfully forming relationships and engaging with key journalists
- Produces clear, concise, well-written and grammatically accurate press releases, magazine articles and blog posts
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, with an approachable and helpful manner
- Communicates effectively and builds positive rapport with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment, with the ability to move comfortably and quickly between multiple projects in order to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and an understanding that every word matters
- Enjoys working collaboratively in a team, but is also self-motivated when working independently
- Manages their time and workload effectively, with a structured and disciplined approach
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £21,000 per annum
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent company-funded training and development opportunities
- Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Company pension
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.