We are currently supporting the recruitment of a Pre-Sales Account Support Manager for a dynamic and forward-thinking Corby business. As an industry leader in the provision of innovative and secure marketing solutions for over 300 clients and their thousands of brands, the company is uniquely positioned to deliver insights on UK consumer promotions and is considered an expert in their market.
The successful applicant will work closely with the business development team to support the sales process and the ongoing delivery of outstanding solutions. As such, we're looking for someone with first class communication skills who not only enjoys making outward contact with business customers, but is also committed to providing excellent service and support to existing clients.
The role is based within smart, contemporary offices offering a bright and comfortable working environment as well as free parking.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Gathering information about prospective clients by making outbound telephone calls, thereby generating leads for the business development team
- Qualifying incoming sales queries before directing any prospects to the relevant sales team
- Handling inbound calls and emails from existing clients, and liaising with the required internal departments to resolve enquiries
- Setting appointments on behalf of the business development team
- Preparing initial draft proposals and quotes using the CRM system
- Creating engaging presentation content for use by the business development team in meetings
- Setting up new clients and providing them with the required system training
- Keeping the CRM system updated with accurate information, as well as logging all client contact
- Carrying out any other miscellaneous administrative tasks that may be required to support the business development team
Skills and experience required:
- Considerable previous experience working in a similar role within a sales environment, involving outbound client contact and the provision of efficient administrative support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound understanding of the business development and sales process, along with the requirements of a sales support function
- Prior involvement in using PowerPoint to write effective presentations
- Strong numeracy skills, with consistent attention to detail
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000 - £28,000 + 10% discretionary bonus