We are currently supporting the recruitment for a leading manufacturing company that, due to company growth, are looking for an ambitious, confident and experienced Production Scheduler Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ownership of Frozen period (0 and 1 week) and the Firm period (from 2 to 6 weeks).
- Collaborate with the Sales and Purchasing managers to optimise and de-risk the Fluid Period, from 7 to 13 weeks.
- Execution of the manufacturing plan within the Infor Visual ERP system from 0 to 13 weeks.
- Execution of scheduling for batch processing manufacture whilst ensuring efficient utilisation of manufacturing resources.
- Accommodation of the Production Scheduling requirements for non-standard activity whilst maintaining strict adherence to the manufacturing plan.
- Provide a measurement of adherence to schedule for selected manufacturing areas.
- Provision of performance figures.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date capacity definition for select manufacturing areas based on demonstrated output in relation to selected manufacturing areas.
- Review and comment on all critical data for which the Production Scheduler is responsible.
- Identification and mitigation of all stock classes at risk and working with key support functions in processing any inventory write off requests.
- Liaise with colleagues in all areas across site to develop robust manufacturing plans that meet our business needs with respect to volume, timing, resource utilisation and constraints, etc.
- Work with all areas to proactively manage issues, developing solutions, offer alternative strategies, etc. as appropriate.
- Provide adhoc information on production, capacity and raw material consumption as required.
- Attend and contribute to relevant improvement meetings, initiatives, etc.
- Lead site Production Scheduling meetings.
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally a bachelor's degree in a manufacturing/production engineering or commerce/business/supply chain related discipline plus preferred +5 years experience.
- Good knowledge of scheduling and supply chain processes gained through progressive experience.
- Experience of planning/scheduling for multiple products in a fast-moving process type manufacturing business including raw materials, WIP and Finished products. Experience is likely to have been gained in other process industries such as rubber or plastic mouldings or metal casting/machining industries.
- Experience in implementing MRP/scheduling systems or at least of setting up new products to pass through MRP.
- Able and comfortable to be the lead on MRP and planning in the business as well as work with the planning detail.
- Higher level Excel skills.
- Highly numerate with +5 years knowledge of planning/scheduling systems.
- Time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information from different sources to generate achievable plans.
- Good communicator with inter-dependant departmental colleagues.
- Attention to detail with ability to work under pressure.
- Influence key stakeholders.
- Monday to Thursday 08.00am - 17.15pm (45 minutes lunch)
- Friday 08.00am -13.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £32,000 - £36,000 dependent upon experience
- 25 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Annual bonus