We're proud to be working with a prestigious family-owned company who are currently recruiting for a skilled Accountant to join their team and support a fast-growing area of the business.
Known for being rooted in strong values, this well-reputed developer takes a bespoke approach to each project, allowing them to deliver quality and value, while working closely in partnership with a range of stakeholders and the local community.
The successful applicant will monitor and report on the financial aspects of all the initiatives the company are involved in.
The role presents an interesting and varied opportunity to become involved in an exciting range of schemes across the Midlands.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Producing budgets, forecasts and analytical report for new and existing projects
- Investigating cost variances
- Identifying cashflow requirements
- Ensuring suppliers and customers are paid in a timely manner
- Assist with other administrative or operational duties within the business when required, to support colleagues
Skills and experience required:
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified
- Extensive experience in similar roles, particularly within small independent business environments
- Experience of project accounting or knowledge of the land / housing development industry would be an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates a positive and helpful approach
- Produces clear, well-structured and grammatically accurate written work
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously in a standalone role
- Understanding of FarmPlan would be an advantage
Hours of work:
- 20-25 hours per week - scope to choose hours to suit
Salary and benefits:
- £40,000 full-time equivalent
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (full time equivalent)
- Company pension scheme
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.