As a result of continuing success, our client, an automated logistics solutions provider is now urgently seeking to hire a Project Engineer to join their existing multi-disciplined solutions team to accurately deliver cost effective project layouts, detailed specifications and designs for a range automated projects.
This position would be best suited to someone currently in a Project Engineering, PLC Controls or systems testing role working with materials handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation equipment or shuttle technology and who is looking to move into a pre-sale focused design team.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Review solutions from CAD drawings and specifications for design integrity.
- Ability to break the solution down into elemental units which can be estimated using costs obtained from internal or external suppliers, standard price lists or metric formulas.
- Assist in the development of pricing metrics formulas to streamline the estimating process.
- Work with solution design engineers to develop project risk registers, combining commercial and technical risk.
- Work with Solutions Design Team to assist in generating cost effective engineered solutions for blue chip customers.
- Identify and understand new, modern technologies as they come onto the market.
- Generate relationships with suppliers to ensure competitive pricing.
- Work with the Solutions Design team to build a comprehensive library of technologies and costs.
- Prepare formal cost documentation, assist in the development of sales proposal documentation.
- Present and justify costs for Director level approval.
- Degree or HNC / HND preferred in an engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical) although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered.
- Previous experience in the design and/or delivery of control systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley)
- Projects Engineering experience gained within an automation environment.
- Previous working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Eplan with ability to modify schematics and contribute to the design process.
- Valid UK Passport - Flexible to undertake travel when required to UK/EU clients
Salary and Benefits:
- Circa £40k
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career, moving from
hands on engineering into solutions concept design. Working with a highly experienced team you will develop your skills to understand how concepts are developed, quickly becoming an integral part of the pre-sales team.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.