We're delighted to be recruiting a skilled Purchase Ledger Clerk on behalf of our client, a highly regarded and successful food manufacturer.
As a well-respected brand known for their commitment to producing quality products and delivering excellent service, they are proud to supply a prestigious portfolio of private label products to a range of leading national retailers.
Joining a friendly and supportive team, the successful candidate will monitor and process all accounts payable seamlessly.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Processing invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining the accuracy of supplier details
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve queries
- Completing the monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Processing business expense returns
- Processing all credit card transactions and expense claims
- Preparing and processing weekly payment routines
- Monitoring petty cash
- Attending meetings and training events as required, providing relevant reports where required
Skills and experience required:
- Prior experience of working in an accounting environment with purchase ledger responsibilities
- Strong IT proficiency, with good knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-disciplined, organised and able to work to deadlines
Hours of work:
- Available part-time or full time, between 30 - 40 hours per week
- Core hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm, but there is flexibility around start and finish times
Salary and benefits:
- £23,000 - £25,000 (pro-rata for part-time)