We are currently supporting the recruitment of a skilled and detail-focused Purchase Ledger Clerk for an innovative and forward-thinking Northamptonshire business. As an industry leader in e-commerce fulfilment services, the company is renowned for delivering a cutting-edge service via its award-winning and sector-specific software solutions.
Joining a finance team of four, the successful applicant will ensure supplier invoices are entered onto the accounting software in a timely manner and will take responsibility for reconciling credit card transactions and supplier statements, amongst other accounts administration duties.
The role is based at a contemporary and fun office in Northampton, offering a bright and creative working environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Processing a large volume of supplier invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Processing and paying expenses
- Maintaining and reconciling petty cash
- Handling supplier payments
- Allocating credit card purchases
- Taking responsibility for managing the Purchase Order process
Skills and experience required:
- Significant experience of working in a similar role, with a focus on purchase ledger processes
- AAT or bookkeeping qualification is desirable
- IT proficient, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Prior use of Xero would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time-management, organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to adapt to changing workloads and consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a professional and helpful communication style
- Produces effective, clear and well-structured written reports and correspondence
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £20,000 - £21,500 per annum based on experience
- 20 days annual holiday + bank holidays
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.