We're looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger expert on behalf of an award-winning developer specializing in international housing and infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate will monitor and process all accounts payable seamlessly, identifying opportunities to
further improve and streamline the systems in place.
As part of a friendly and industrious team, you will play a key role within the finance function, managing and monitoring outwards cash flow at all times and providing accurate financial information to the Group FC and Group FD.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Being the first point of contact for all purchase and payment queries
- Ensuring all payments are made with verified bank details from each supplier, using the correct currency and bank account.
- Preparing and running BACS payments from SAGE and sending out all remittances accurately.
- Entering and updating supplier details in SAGE
- Providing cash flow updates and forecasts for the forthcoming rolling three months.
- Checking and filing all invoices and statements.
- Building and maintaining strong supplier and customer relationships
- Carrying out reconciliation across all bank accounts.
- Conducting aged creditors maintenance, proactively chasing invoices for payments
- Processing employee expenses accurately, ensuring all receipts have been attached
- Managing and reconciling petty cash for two offices monthly
- Collecting credit card receipts each month and creating the monthly transaction journal.
- Reviewing systems and processes, making improvements where necessary.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Skills and experience required:
- At least 2-3 years' career background of working in a specifically purchase ledger focused role.
- Comfortable taking responsibility for all levels of payment, from every day consumables and raw materials through to large-scale, six-figure purchases.
- Experience of monitoring international transactions
- AAT qualified or currently studying (the company will encourage and support your further study)
- Confident Sage user (ideally Sage 200)
- Enjoys taking ownership of tasks and working with a self-motivated and enterprising approach
- Understands the importance of processing sensitive information and data with confidentiality and discretion.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Thursday: 8.00am - 4.30pm
- Friday: 8.00am - 2.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £23,000 - £27,000
- On-site parking
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays