The purpose of the role is to support the Quality Manager. Working as a team you will perform Quality Assurance and Quality Management System functions. You will investigate quality issues and material rejections with customers and suppliers, providing timely evidence for decisions to be made.
To support the development and continuous improvement of the company's QMS, with the target of maintaining accreditations to standards, including Medical Devices (ISO 13485), Cosmetics GMP (ISO 22716), BRC and ISO 9001.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To generate product specifications including set-up of new products and changes to existing products, and maintenance of records.
- Investigation and resolution of complaints via an effective complaints system. Generate complaint reports and compile data for sign off by Quality Manager.
- Raise Material Non-Conformances for any out of specification componentry. Routinely chase for a response. Provide appropriate level of information for Quality Manager to review and approve.
- Maintain the Product Change Request system from a quality standpoint. Provide appropriate information for Quality Manager to review and approve.
- Raise concessions for sign off by an appropriate member of the management team.
- Monitor micro test results, alerting the business to issues in a timely fashion.
- To promote, train and monitor factory GMP ensuring conformity to BRC, ISO and internal standards, and to audit this.
- Maintain an effective pest control system, by liaising with pest control contractor, feeding back issues to the quality manager.
- Attend NPD meetings, ensuring that quality department is well represented.
- Conduct routine internal quality audits.
- To support Sales in providing appropriate quality information, supporting customer audits and assisting with other customer visits.
- To assist in the implementation and maintenance of company HACCP policy and procedures.
- To assist in putting continuous improvement strategies into place.
- Ensure document control is maintained.
- To provide holiday cover when needed within the Quality team.
- Project work as defined by Line Manager, supporting the continuous improvement plans of the business
- Conduct any other business-related activities as required and directed by management.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience of working within a Quality function
- Relationship building skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong administration skills
- IT literate - in particular Microsoft Excel (basic) and PowerPoint - (Intermediate)
- Data entry - good keyboard skills
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Confident telephone manner
- Organised and prioritising
- Monday to Friday 08.30am - 17.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £20,000 per annum
- 20 days annual holiday + bank holidays