We're looking for a talented and enterprising Account Manager on behalf of an innovative IT specialist, known for delighting their customers with a range of industry-leading services, products and solutions.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for selling a range of IT services and products to commercial customers.
As part of an ambitious and industrious team, you will successfully generate leads, engage with decision-makers and establish lucrative new working relationships. You will also provide outstanding client service management to a number of key accounts, building lasting rapport which secures long-term ongoing business.
The role is based at modern, bright offices in Kettering, offering a creative and fun working environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying prospective commercial customers
- Making outbound calls to proactively attract and generate new business
- Consistently meeting and exceeding activity targets
- Building strong, long lasting relationships with customers in order to secure repeat business
- Acting as a main point of contact for your accounts
- Responding to and resolving enquiries from existing customers
- Recognising opportunities for upselling
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the marketing, sales and technical departments
- Taking responsibility for your own purchasing with distributors and suppliers, ensuring that goods are acquired at the best price
Skills and experience required:
- Previous sales experience, ideally within a business providing IT-related services or products
- Takes a genuine interest in IT and keeping well informed of relevant industry developments and trends
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional, helpful and positive demeanour
- Highly-motivated, with an ambitious and competitive nature
- Confidence in presenting to clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrates resilience and perseverance
Hours of work:
- Monday to Thursday 8.45am - 5.30pm
- Friday 8.45pm - 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000 - £30,000 + generous uncapped commission scheme (OTE £50-60k)
- Car allowance
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.