As a Sales & Marketing Coordinator within a leading Leicester manufacturing business, the successful applicant to this exciting new role will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and responding to sales leads and enquiries; making contact with potential and existing customers, and managing each relationship through to sale.
This is an exciting opportunity within a well-reputed and established business, and you'll enjoy introducing prospective business customers to an innovative product range. As such, we're looking for someone who is already an expert at business-to-business relationship building and can talk us through some impressive examples of their recent business development success stories. You'll be sales-focused with first class communication skills, and truly excel in establishing rapport with clients through taking a positive, consultative and engaging approach.
This is a varied and interesting role, which often involves travel to client visits, as well as attending exhibitions, conferences and trade shows, occasionally with overnight stays.
As the successful candidate's skills and experience grow, there will also be the opportunity to become more involved in marketing aspects of the business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Communicating with customers and prospects predominantly by telephone, but also by email and face-to-face
- Analysing existing SAP data to identify new business opportunities
- Understanding customer requirements to effectively sell the full range of products and services
- Using initiative to identify and follow up leads with existing customers
- Producing quotes in response to customer queries and following up to generate sales
- Using a variety of methods to research and identify new leads under the guidance of the Sales & Marketing Manager and/or Technical Director and own initiative
- Proactively following up any leads generated and develop accordingly
- Maintaining good up-to-date records of conversations with customers, opportunities and prospects
- Working closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager to achieve sales objectives
- Providing customer service cover during holiday or busy periods where required, which may include booking carriers, processing orders and taking credit card payments
- Contributing to the team performance by sharing and implementing best practice set methods
- Liaising effectively with all departments within Euro Energy to ensure customer requirements are met
- Working extra hours and/or travelling from time to time as required, for instance to attend exhibitions and customer visits
Skills and experience required:
The successful applicant will impress us with their enthusiasm, drive and initiative and will demonstrate a genuine passion for building prosperous business relationships. We'll also be looking for evidence of the following skills and experience:
- Extensive proven telephone based business to business sales experience with evidence of meeting and exceeding targets
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers and be self-motivated
- IT proficient and confident in the use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to colleagues and clients, with a commitment to the delivery of outstanding customer service
- Face-to-face sales experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable, but not essential as training will be provided in-house
- Focused, self-motivated and driven to succeed by setting high standards and consistently achieving them
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills, with excellent attention to detail
- A full driving licence is essential for the requirements of this role
Hours of work:
- Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- £19,000 - £23,000 dependent on skills and experience
- 24 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.