Are you a driven and customer-focused sales and marketing professional? We're proud to be recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company with an enviable reputation in their field, who pride themselves on delighting business customers all over the world with industry-leading research and testing solutions.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities, generating business and developing long-lasting business relationships.
An exciting requirement of the role is extensive overseas travel, both within Europe and to long-haul destinations such as China, India and Latin America. As such, the ability to liaise, network and interact confidently with senior industry figures across the globe is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop customer and agent relationships in the UK and within your allocated overseas regions
- Regularly liaising with global customers via email, over the phone and in person
- Organising and managing your diary, arranging meetings with UK and overseas clients
- Successfully generating ongoing and repeated business, through the sales and marketing of the company's product range
- Attend exhibitions and shows to promote the company's product offering
- Providing high levels of customer service to ensure effective account management
- Travelling extensively to a range of European and long-haul locations
- Working to targets and KPIs as set by the Sales Director
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive career background in product-focused sales and marketing, ideally on an international scale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to forge strong working relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Confident meeting with all levels of management
- Skilled at identifying prospective customers, developing new business and meeting yearly sales targets, whilst working within a given budget
- Self motivated, highly organised and ambitious
- Knowledge of working within a membership-based environment would be a distinct advantage
- IT proficient, able to adapt to new systems quickly, with a sound understanding of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must have a valid passport and have the flexibility and willingness to travel extensively
- Language skills such as Spanish, Italian, Portuguese or Mandarin would be beneficial
Salary and benefits:
- £22,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.