Our client, a well-established and highly regarded transport and logistics company based in Kettering, is recruiting for an experienced, customer-focused Sales Coordinator to join their expanding team.
Responsibilities will include handling incoming sales enquiries and preparing quotations for customers, along with making outbound calls to existing and lapsed clients to identify new sales opportunities for the business.
Rather than being target-focused, the successful applicant will concentrate on consistently generating business by providing an outstanding, high-quality and bespoke service to each customer. With this in mind, you will ideally be a highly motivated and pro-active individual with a natural flair for building and maintaining professional relationships.
To be considered for this role, you must have previous B2B telephone-based sales and customer service experience, ideally within the freight, logistics or transport sector.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively deal with inbound enquiries for customers requesting quotations for transport solutions
- Make outbound calls to existing and lapsed customers to re-engage and identify new opportunities
- Qualify business opportunities with prospective new customers
- Calculate pricing and create quotations as appropriate, ensuring they are followed up
- Provide regular pipeline forecasting and activity updates of customer base
- Update company CRM system with customer activity
- Work as part of a team to achieve company and departmental objectives
Skills and experience required:
- Proven telephone based B2B sales and customer service experience
- Experience working within the transport and logistics sector desirable
- Excellent rapport building and communication skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic
- Confident telephone manner
- Negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external customers
- Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- £24,000 - £26,000
- 21 days annual holiday + bank holidays