Are you an MS Excel superstar with an entrepreneurial spirit who knows the recipe for insightful sales reporting and data analysis? We're currently recruiting for a talented Sales Support Executive on behalf of a thriving private label food manufacturing business based in Corby, known as well-reputed suppliers to major retailers within their industry.
Whether you're a confident Excel user who is keen to develop a career in the food industry whilst learning the fundamentals of a sales department, or you already have some experience in sales reporting and data project delivery, we'd love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful applicant will play an integral part in ensuring the brand maximises sales volumes whilst delivering outstanding customer service. The company actively encourage professional development, and for the right candidate there will be the potential for progression to account management and beyond.
The role is based in well-located offices, with a move planned imminently to a modern neighbouring building offering a bright, comfortable and contemporary working environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing all portals and weekly reports, providing timely and useful updates to support colleagues.
- Tracking and communicating forecasts and order accuracy with customers, highlighting any changes to the team.
- Updating reports and trackers with budgets and actual sales on a monthly basis.
- Carrying out any required forecasting to support new product launches.
- Completing derogation requests with customers as and when required.
- As the role develops, project managing launches from confirmation through to launch.
- Supporting general account management.
- Attending planning meetings to provide updates.
- Delivering marketing and promotional spend analysis.
- Reporting on activity relating to seasonal products and promotions.
- Ensuring the effective management of filing.
- Supporting and covering team colleagues on holidays
- Any other duties as are reasonably required to meet business needs.
Skills and experience required:
- Shows a genuine interest in developing a career within the food industry OR has experience of working in an FMCG sales or marketing environment.
- Excellent MS Excel skills, with the numerical confidence to manage, analyse and interpret data proficiently.
- Strong IT proficiency, with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Demonstrates applied intelligence and practical thinking.
- Communicates effectively at all levels, with a positive and helpful approach.
- Delivers clear, well written reports and documents.
- Exhibits a willingness to listen, learn and take responsibility and ownership.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm each day with a ½ hour lunch break
Salary and benefits:
- £21,000 - £25,000
- 25 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Life assurance