Our client is a world leading, adventure travel company, who have an enviable reputation in their field.
For those that love travel, helping others plan their next international adventure can be extremely rewarding, interesting and enjoyable. This exciting new role offers the opportunity to do just that, within a fast-paced and friendly sales team at a world-leading tour operator.
Due to expansion within the team, they are looking for an experienced Sales Team Leader to join the business.
As the successful candidate, you will work alongside other Team Leaders to drive sales, motivate sales advisors and increase team performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing up to 10 sales advisors
- Ensure that all targets are met, or exceeded
- Ensure that staffing levels meet company standards at all times
- Participate in the recruitment process and induct new members of staff when starting with your team
- Manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle, such as absence, individual timekeeping and holiday and ensuring all the correct paperwork is completed
- Update team on their performance and sustain a motivational environment
- Ensure sales calls and company standards are met throughout the business
- Manage the performance of employees effectively, which will include 1-2-1's, coaching and objective setting
- Must ensure employees are understanding and demonstrating company values
- Developing individuals and assisting with their progression
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in managing a team
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a previous sales role, with a proven track record
- Excellent IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
- An interest in the travel industry
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage a high workload and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and with the ability to motivate others
Hours of work:
Shift patterns will vary
- Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 7pm, Saturday 9am - 5.30pm and Sunday 10am - 4pm
Salary and benefits:
- £20,000 - £22,000 (dependent on experience) + Bonus
- 25 days annual holiday + Bank holidays
- Staff discounts and travel industry discounts
- Free parking