We are currently seeking applications for a Temporary School Administrator in the Corby area. As an administrator for a local school, you will act as the first point of contact for visitors, students, parents and staff, and provide flexible and efficient administrative support to the school. The role will be very varied working in different departments, back office and front desk support.
This is a temporary on-going opportunity. Due to the nature of the role and the support required, applicants should be immediately available.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operate the reception switchboard and deal with incoming calls
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Handle enquiries both by telephone and face to face, from parents, students and staff, and resolve queries
- Assist members of staff with administrative tasks relating to the management of the school
- Preparing and sending letters to communicate with parents
- Filing documents
- Inputting information onto the school database
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Other general administrative duties as required
- Flexible, polite and approachable
Skills and experience required:
- A full DBS is essential for this role.
- Previous experience working in a school is extremely important for this position
- Accurate data entry skills, able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and able to communicate with people at all levels
- Approachable, friendly and professional
- A background within HR would be desirable but not essential
- Monday to Friday 08:30am to 4:30pm
Salary and benefits:
- £8.80 per hour