Our client, an independent accountancy practice, is seeking a Semi-Senior Accountant to join their friendly team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a practice, situated within a beautiful rural location, who have a very good reputation for high-quality personal service.
The role will predominantly be accounts preparation but will also involve management accounts, overseeing juniors work, VAT returns, payroll and personal tax. The accounts are completed mainly in-house but some will be carried out at client's premises and therefore a driving licence is essential.
The ideal individual will have strong interpersonal skills, an outgoing personality and will work well in a small friendly team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts preparation
- Preparation of management account pack
- Personal tax computations and file returns
- Overseeing bookkeeping work completed by juniors
- VAT returns
Skills and experience required:
- AAT, ACCA or ACA
- 2 years experience in an accounting position within practice
- Good working knowledge of Excel (formulas, VLOOKUP)
- Experience with accounting software (Xero, Sage 50 and Iris Payroll desirable)
- Good working knowledge of accounting procedures
- Extremely organised and self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a small team
Salary and benefits:
- £22,000 - £24,000
- Study support for the right candidate
- On-site car parking
- 20 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays (increases by 1 day per year)
- Private Health Care (after 3 month probation)
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.