Senior Solutions Design Engineer is now sought to join our client, a leading independent integrator for warehouse automation system design, specification, installation and ongoing support that's not constrained by own product manufacturing. As Senior Solutions Design Engineer, you will be responsible for analysing, modelling and designing automated materials handing solutions for the Logistics industry worldwide, as well as creating technical proposal documents to support the sales bid process.
Key Duties Responsibilities:
- Business analysis, consultancy and solution concept design of automated warehouse solutions
- Supporting sales from initial client liaisons and situational analysis to concept design utilising in-house WMS/PLC and MHE equipment - including presentations, build and delivery.
- Develop software concepts and PLC code using Siemens and Allen Bradley.
- To provide a complete controls design solution including, hardware and software design.
- To deliver the estimation, design, installation and commissioning of projects to agreed targets and company standard, rules and requirements.
- To produce documentation to support design including Functional Design, Testing specifications, commissioning plans and training.
- Have technical oversight for Onsight testing/commissioning activities, including regular auditing.
- Ability to design and develop PLC code ideally Siemens S7 and/or Allen Bradley software.
- Detailed understanding of control systems hardware and design principles - functional safety principles & safety programming.
- Ability to design and develop HMI/SCADA systems, previous experience of working with motion control via servo drives.
- Knowledge of British and/or European standards that are relevant to the controls automation industry.
- Valid UK passport and flexibility and willingness to undertake local, European and International travel during project commissioning phase.
- Circa £70k + Company Benefits
- 25 Days + Stats, Company Car, Pension & Health care
Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Birmingham, Bicester, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Buckingham, Kettering, Bedford, Northampton, Daventry, Rugby and Nottingham.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits.