As Service Manager, you will need to be commercially aware, analytically capable, possess effective people management skills, perform personal appraisals of your team, able to deal with delicate situations with tact and diplomacy, possess coaching skills, customer facing presentation skills, able to work on own initiative within set guidelines and as part of a team, self-directed, have high energy with strong initiative.
- After a training stage, the candidate will manage all aspects of the After-Sales Service Office including the human and technical resources available. They will report to the International Service Director, liaising with customers to understand their requirements.
- They will be dealing with any customer issues and complaints, preparing quotations, processing orders, ensuring on time delivery and providing delivery updates. They will also be pro-active in selling after-sales Service Contracts to end users.
- The managing of customer returns and complaints to satisfactory and timely resolutions will be part of this remit, as will be recommending continuous improvements. Managing a team of customer service technicians and support advisors and the commercial team. Providing valuable pro-active reports, recommending process improvements and implementing agreed remedial activity to ensure the highest standard of customer care and the best performance.
- They must be able to organize the service activities to ensure the department's efficient and profitable operation delivering service solutions within agreed budget and financial targets. As part of a busy aftersales team you will also be responsible for overseeing the remote service technicians and support them maximizing profitability and opportunities.
- They must be able to communicate with customers & employees via phone, email, mail or in person with courtesy, respect and understanding.
- Keep customers aware of service status and delays as necessary
- Place spare part orders and arrange service visits co-incident with the arrival of the parts.
- Previous experience of a service manager's role is not essential, but at least 3 years' experience as a CNC metal cutting service engineer is key to this role.
- Experience of machine tool service management and a comprehensive understanding of CNC systems and metal cutting processes would be valuable
- Smart appearance, determined and pro-active.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office & Windows based programs)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Reliable attendance is a must & working overtime may be needed during busy periods
- Experience in Setting CNC Turning Lathes, and FANUC programming would be a plus, as it would be
- experience with lathes with driven tools. Experience in CNC Bar Feed, Gantry and Macro`s is desirable
- Able to read Engineering Drawings