We're currently recruiting for a skilled Collections Advisor to join a friendly local business within the insurance and financial sector.
The successful applicant will respond to correspondence from debtors in a timely, helpful and professional manner, to arrange repayments on behalf of a range of business customers.
The opportunity is based in a beautiful rural location within contemporary offices overlooking the surrounding countryside.
Please note that due to the current workload and requirements of the business, applicants must be immediately available.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responding to incoming mail, text messages, emails and portal messages
- Undertake a forensic and thorough approach to collections
- Negotiate with debtors using a variety of communication means to agree repayment schedules
- Supporting the team by assisting with any further administrative duties as required
- Working in adherence to policies and procedures, recommending changes as appropriate to improve recoveries
Skills and experience required:
- Prior experience in a debt collection, recoveries or credit control environment
- Demonstrates a confident and helpful approach to communication and negotiation
- IT proficient, with particular focus on MS Word and Excel
- Able to produce effective, well-punctuated and grammatically-accurate correspondence
Hours of work:
- 8:30am - 17:00pm Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits:
- £8.72 per hour