A busy local organisation is looking for a temporary, part-time Grounds Maintenance Inspector to join their busy Environmental Services team. This is an interesting and extremely varied role, and would be suited to an individual who enjoys both desk-based and site-based work.
Due to the requirements of the hiring organisation, applicants should be immediately available. The role is an ongoing temporary position and the client is looking for an individual who can commit on an ongoing basis. The role has the potential duration of 6 to 12 months.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out on-site street and open space inspections across the District
- Identifying street cleansing issues on all adopted roads, footpaths, parks and open public spaces following a set procedure (Training will be given)
- Carrying out fly-tipping inspections as required
- Reporting inspections that are relating to fuel spillage, broken glass, offensive graffiti or anything that might be an imminent risk to health or acute pollution of the environment
- Working both on-site in a variety of locations, as well as in the office to complete the applicable follow-up paperwork and computer input for each inspection
- Delivering equipment to sites
- Changing CCTV batteries out on site
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrates a committed and reliable approach to work
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, where new tasks arise and change frequently
- Works with accuracy and attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines
- It is essential that applicants hold a full clean driving licence, as the role requires the use of a company vehicle to carry out the duties involved.
- 18.5hrs per week
Salary and benefits:
- £9.03 per hour
- 20 days holidays + 8 bank holidays