Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Buyer / Purchasing Assistant. The successful candidate will have proven experience within a similar role and ideally have exposure to working within an industrial or engineering industry sector. You will be responsible for issuing purchase orders to ensure on time and right quantity material availability at the principal agreed price and conditions using principal approved vendors.
This is an ongoing temporary role and due to the urgent commercial requirements of the business, candidates must be immediately available.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Issue purchase orders and follow up with approval compliance process, open PO reports communication to suppliers in support of materials expediting and inventory control
- Manage MRP exception to avoid obsolete material and guarantee the correct material delivery and inventory control
- Ensure material availability with correct timing to support Site production
- Ensure Inventory stock levels availability; support operation initiatives on the same activity driven by Regional Planning Organisation in view of end to end supply chain optimisation.
- Define, in agreement with the relevant Sourcing Project Leader, the correct replenishment strategy for the different material/suppliers
- Periodical review of replenishment strategy in order to keep it consistently up to date
- Monitor and report Supplier OTD
- Collaborate with site associates and engage with vendors to coordinate production and shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Contribute to new products introduction for new components and depletion process for obsolete materials
- Ensure data reliability for customs compliance
- Ensure Vendor and material master data update for process approval
- Create and maintain standard price lists for products and spares across all brands
- Work with Finance function to verify current cost before they are rolled into standard
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure
- A Bachelor of Science degree in technical, engineering or business discipline is preferred, but not essential
- 3+ years of professional experience in procurement and material management roles preferred.
- Must have outstanding numerical, quantitative analytical thinking
- Experience in resolving materials flow issues, within a matrix functional organisation
- Ability to influence others & build productive, motivated, committed, high performance teams
- Strong demonstrated ability for discipline and highly self-motivated for working on repetitive and routine tasks independently and under pressure, while achieving high standard results
- Ability to build, develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability for high problem identification and problem resolution, demonstrated ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Knowledge how value streams work preferred
- Knowledge and experience in working with manufacturing based technology & systems / tools, SAP etc. is key to support efficiency and measure KPI's
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
Salary and benefits:
- £10.98 per hour
- Car parking available on site