JOB TITLE: Technical Manager
SALARY: c£60k + Excellent Company Benefits, 25 days
Vanilla Recruitment is actively seeking an experienced Technical Manager to join our client, a specialist in its field providing measurement solutions to Blue-chip Automotive and Aerospace companies. This is an opportunity to join an established and growing business, work with cutting edge technology and provide valuable engineering solutions to support its sales functions.
As Technical Manager, you will be a key member of the senior management team, developing the company's engineering and technical offering and ensuring that any changes in direction or technology are reflected in up-skilling the engineers. You will be responsible for developing the engineering team which will include evaluation, training and recruiting. You will also be responsible for implementing and improving internal systems to enhance the efficiency of the department.
This is a senior position encompassing technical challenge to fulfil customer requirements on new equipment, and problem solving on existing customer equipment breakdowns and repairs. It will also include leading, training and developing the engineering team and implementing robust engineering procedures and methods to ensure excellent customer service. For the right person, there is scope to have a significant impact on the future direction of the business and to progress into a technical director role.
Key responsibilities of appointed Technical Manager:
- Responsible for installation, training, service, calibration and repair of the products that the company supplies and maintains.
- Manage a team of engineers, managing both their day to day workload and their professional and technical progression.
- On occasions, you may need to visit customer sites, both for audit and evaluation of processes and engineers and to resolve the most challenging issues.
- Assist customers and engineers by phone or remotely.
- Travel will also be required to suppliers and other training providers, for personal development and the develop engineering methods and procedures
- A track record of developing and managing high performing teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, an enquiring mind and a determination to identify and resolve problems
- Development of work procedures, quality systems and training packages
- Ability to rapidly assimilate the technical aspects of an issue
- A formal electrical and mechanical engineering qualification
- Knowledge of CAD packages, not essential
- Familiarity with programming and PLCs, not essential
For more information, please contact Laura Niven-Kapp alternatively forward an updated copy of your CV and covering letter quoting the Job Reference
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.