We're excited to be recruiting for the opportunity to join an innovative company who are at the forefront of introducing new technology and machinery to the food, beverage, personal and household care industries.
As part of a focused growth plan, this forward-thinking business is looking for a driven and motivated individual who can hunt out the opportunities and promote their cutting-edge range of manufacturing technology solutions.
We're interested in hearing from applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Perhaps you have a technical degree related to engineering, manufacturing or food science (along with some commercial experience via a placement year or post-graduate employment) which has given you the expertise and knowledge to confidently develop solutions for business customers.
- Alternatively, you might already work within capital equipment projects (in a technical, engineering or maintenance capacity) and be excited by the prospect of moving into a business development role.
- Or thirdly, you may have already started to build a successful track record in technical sales within an engineering or manufacturing environment, and have an interest in applying that experience to a career in the manufacturing technology sector.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working the full sales cycle from hunting out and identifying prospects through to generating and bringing on new business
- Prospecting to selected customer segments with initial focus on the food sector
- Identifying new leads and qualifying sales enquiries
- Maintain and grow strong relationships with existing customers, and maximise additional revenue opportunities
- Arrange and attend sales meetings and pitch to potential new clients
- Understand client operations and their current problems, and selling the capabilities of the technology
- Preparing proposals and negotiating pricing
- Working with the internal team to provide solutions specific to client requirements
- Selling the benefits and understanding the cost savings to provide a solution
- Maintain contact with potential clients and develop relationships through to sale
- Attending, exhibiting and presenting at trade shows, conferences and events
- The role will involve occasional travel to European manufacturing centres and reference sites
Skills and experience required:
- Applicants should meet one or more of the criteria listed in the introductory job summary above
- Proven prior experience of liaising confidently with business customers to resolve enquiries, build relationships and/or secure sales and future business
- Evidence of working in situations where a highly organised approach and strong attention to detail are paramount
- Experience of utilising CRM systems
- Advantage of European language - French, Italian, Spanish, German
- Demonstrate a confident, professional and approachable communication style
- A full driving licence is essential as the role will involve travel to customer sites across the UK, Ireland and Europe
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £30,000 basic + commission + car
- 25 days annual holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension contribution following qualifying period
We are employment specialists concentrating on job roles within Office, Sales, Marketing, HR & Training and Accountancy & Finance. We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency helping businesses to employ and hire staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.