We're excited to be recruiting for the opportunity to join an innovative company who are at the forefront of introducing new technology to the food processing industry.
As part of a focused growth plan, this forward-thinking business is looking for a driven and motivated individual who can passionately promote the potential of their cutting-edge range of food manufacturing solutions.
We're interested in hearing from applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Perhaps you have a technical degree related to engineering, manufacturing or food science (along with some commercial experience via a placement year or post-graduate employment) which has given you the expertise and knowledge to confidently develop solutions for business customers.
- Alternatively, you might already work within the food technology industry (in a technical, engineering or maintenance capacity) and be excited by the prospect of moving into a business development role.
- Or thirdly, you may have already started to build a successful track record in technical sales within an engineering or manufacturing environment, and have an interest in applying that experience to a career in the food processing sector.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working the full sales cycle from identifying prospects through to generating and bringing on new business
- Prospecting to selected customer segments with initial focus on the food sector
- Identifying new leads and qualifying sales enquiries
- Maintain and grow strong relationships with existing customers, and maximise additional revenue opportunities
- Arrange and attend sales meetings and pitch to potential new clients
- Understand client operations and their current problems, and selling the capabilities of the technology
- Preparing proposals and negotiating pricing
- Working with the internal team to provide solutions specific to client requirements
- Selling the benefits and understanding the cost savings to provide a solution
- Maintain contact with potential clients and develop relationships through to sale
- Attending, exhibiting and presenting at trade shows, conferences and events
- The role will involve occasional travel to European manufacturing centres and reference sites
Skills and experience required:
Applicants should meet one or more of the criteria listed in the introductory job summary above, along with the following:
- Proven prior experience of liaising confidently with business customers to resolve enquiries, build relationships and/or secure sales and future business.
- Evidence of working in situations where a highly organised approach and strong attention to detail are paramount
- Demonstrates a confident, professional and approachable communication style
- A full driving licence is essential, as the role will involve travel to customer sites across the UK, Ireland and Europe
Salary and benefits:
- £24,000 - £28,000 + commission + car allowance