We are recruiting for a well-established design and manufacturer of bespoke solutions for a range of industries covering everything from automotive, Food and Beverage and E-commerce. They are regarded as experts in providing innovative resolutions to complex engineering issues, their expertise and success has resulted in an enviable order book and future commitments for their projects.
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of technical issues and be responsible for providing electrical and control solutions (Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC systems) for a range automated projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver professional technical product support to UK & Europe customers (Hardware & Software Solutions).
- Provide front line support to the engineering team to ensure that control issues, including PLC code related issues are investigated and resolved as quickly as possible.
- To manage the technical support ticket system, maintain support desk documentation and create monthly reports for analysis.
- To facilitate the monitoring of hardware for upgrades such as firmware and highlight any obsolescence to the upgrades team.
- When required provide additional support to the Internal IT Support Analyst.
- Assisting project and technical engineers in integration of new systems.
- Assisting technical and development personnel in application quality testing.
- Providing specified technical support to customers on-site, when assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Good technical & experienced hands-on ability relating to automation hardware and software with Strong Electrical Experience - this role would suit Service and maintenance Engineer's seeking to transition into mainstream control systems
- A formal qualification in an electrical engineering subject (NVQ Level 3, HNC or equivalent)
- A good understanding of PLC control systems i.e. Siemens, Allen Bradley
- Ability to work on mid-size electrical systems for fault rectification and machine upgrade projects.
- Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills
- Sound analytical skills, able to look at data and solve problems with full customer focus and determination to deliver results under time critical situations
- Valid UK Passport - Flexible to undertake travel when required to UK/EU clients
Salary and Benefits:
- Circa £50k plus company benefits
- 25 day holiday plus statutory
- Car allowance
- Life Assurance
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits.