As a result of continuing Global success, our client, an automated logistics solutions provider is now urgently seeking to hire an experienced Technical Support Specialist to join their existing multi-disciplined team, to deliver and be responsible for providing electrical and control solutions for a range automated projects.
- Reporting to the Technical Support Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of technical issues and other OEM materials handling equipment using mainly Siemens S7 PLC systems.
- Deliver professional technical product support to UK & Europe customers (Hardware & Software Solutions).
- Provide front line support to the engineering team to ensure that control issues, including PLC code related issues are investigated and resolved as quickly as possible.
- To manage the hotline ticket system, maintain support desk documentation and create monthly reports for analysis.
- To facilitate the monitoring of hardware for upgrades such as firmware and highlight any obsolescence to the upgrades team.
- When required provide additional support to the Internal IT Support Analyst.
- Assisting project and technical engineers in integration of new systems.
- Assisting technical and development personnel in application quality testing.
- Providing specified technical support to customers on-site, when assigned.
- Good technical & experienced hands-on ability relating to automation hardware and software with Strong Electrical Experience
- A formal qualification in an electrical engineering subject (NVQ Level 3, HNC or equivalent)
- A good understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices
- Highly proficient in Siemens S7 PLC Systems and have good knowledge of other PLC Systems.
- Ability to work on mid-size electrical systems for fault rectification and machine upgrade projects.
- Good communication, organisation and planning skills
- Sound analytical skills, able to look at data and solve problems with full customer focus and determination to deliver results under time critical situations
- Valid UK Passport - Flexible to undertake travel when required to UK/EU clients
Salary and benefits:
- Cira £50k + allowances
- 25 days holiday + stats, car allowance, pension & life assurance
The company is a well-established design and manufacturer of bespoke solutions for a range of industries covering everything from automotive, Food and Beverage and E-commerce. They are regarded as experts in providing innovative resolutions to complex engineering issues, their expertise and success has resulted in an enviable order book and future commitments for their projects.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.