We are specialists in all types of general office recruitment and regularly help businesses needing to recruit and hire a Secretary.
Our dedicated team work exclusively on office recruitment, and have a great understanding of what is required. They'll partner with you and take the time to learn not only what the job role entails, but also about your business, the culture and your long term goals.
To Recruit and Hire a Secretary with us is simple and painless
Our systems DO NOT allow autocomplete for any fields. Please fill in each box WITHOUT using ANY autofill or all information will be lost when you hit 'send'.
Secretary Job Description
This is a sample job description for a secretary. You may need to revise this job description to meet the specific job duties and job requirements for your unique role.
Responsibilities: Performs basic administrative and clerical duties as it pertains to the job. Handles customer relations by being a point of first contact via email or telephone.
Secretary Job Duties:
- Answers phone calls and sets up meetings with customers
- Takes messages as necessary
- Mails or sends all information to clients as required
- Mails checks or other outgoing funds
- Takes care of orders of office supplies and other materials
- Demonstrates product knowledge as required
- Adheres to company policies and procedure; makes sure that other staff do as well
- Coordinates the flow of information between departments or from customers
- Schedules meetings and events
- Makes copies of pertinent information and documents
- Greets customers as they arrive at the business
- Makes sure that customer needs are fulfilled
- Takes care of incoming and outgoing mail
- Conducts research as needed by certain departments
- Dictates information as spoken by management
- Updates any client information as it changes
- Calls customers to make sure that they had a great customer experience
- Supervises any other clerical staff to make sure the work is done up to standards
- Completes any paperwork on behalf of the company
- Maintains a knowledge of new office equipment; makes suggestions for new equipment based on trends
- Maintains social media as required
- Manages any projects that need clerical work
- Organises presentations or note cards for management
- Meets with clients outside of the office if necessary
Secretary Skills and Qualifications: Basic Math Skills, Microsoft Office, Great Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Customer Relations, Detail Oriented, Time Oriented, Office Equipment Knowledge, Basic Computer Literacy
Register a vacancy for a Secretary
To recruit and hire a secretary with us is simple and painless. We invest our time getting to know you, your business, your goals, your environment and culture. This means we can find people we believe are a true match for you.
Our people are at the centre of Vanilla’s values and it’s their passion to ‘get it right’ that gives us our unique recruitment service, our excellent customer retention rates, and our fantastic repeat business levels from both clients and candidates.
We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency because it gives us the flexibility to form a true partnership with you. Across our 5 niche recruitment specialisms, our unified team are committed to getting you the results you need.
We are experts in matching the right candidates with the right businesses. We will work hard to understand your culture, needs and requirements, and we will only send you candidate details if we see a real fit being possible.
So, if you are looking for great talent across any of our specialisms within the East Midlands, please register your vacancy below and we'll get back to you straight away. Alternatively please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your recruitment needs.
Other pages of interest
For more useful information, news and resources feel free to look around our website and in particular our Client pages including Why Vanilla, Client Journey, Case Studies, Resources and our regularly updated Blog.
Recruit and hire a secretary throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.